The TOS Review Crew has been working with a 12 month subscription to Reading Intervention Programs from MaxScholar. This online program is designed for grades PreK-12 to help master vital reading skills.
- MAXPHONICS works on mastering phonemes and letter sounds by using a variety of multi-sensory, online lessons that include videos, practice drills, and games.
- MAXREADING uses highlighting, outlining, and summarizing strategies that help your student master reading comprehension.
- MAXWORDS builds vocabulary skills by focusing on prefixes, suffixes, Greek and Latin roots syllabication and spelling rules to improve reading comprehension and fluency.
Additional sub-programs that work on developing reading skills with extra practice are included in this program as well.
- MAXMUSIC allows your child to read lyrics, play piano games and focus on reading and auditory skills.
- MAXVOCAB is the MaxScholar dictionary and offers definition and vocabulary games that are fun for both students and adults!
- MAXPLACES takes your student around the world to explore 51 different locations as they read selections and answer comprehension questions.
- MAXBIOS introduces famous personalities via biographies on a timeline. This is great for ordering skills too.
This comprehensive program is not just for your student! They offer a full section of Professional Development including teaching manuals, videos and step-by-step instructions to complete your own Orton-Gillingham teaching certification.
A BIG thank you to Renita Bentz at Mom of Many for this introductory post.