This is sponsored content.
During the early elementary years, a homeschool parent’s focus is typically on the basics. You are helping your child to learn to read as well as helping them acquire basic math skills. These are formative lessons that when successfully learned will become the building blocks for future academic success.
However, some kids need a little bit more help or a program delivered in a more tech-savvy manner.
Reading Eggs is an online game like program which helps kids learn to read. The program can be started during the preschool years (ages 2 to 4) and provides assistance for students up through the age of 13.
The program incorporates the five essential keys to reading success: phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, reading comprehension and fluency. Working through the program, a student can go from being a non-reader to reading long chapter books.
Over the years, they have expanded to include early math through Mathseeds. This online program for kids aged 3-9 teaches core math and problem-solving skills. Concepts are introduced and modeled before the student works on the associated activities.
For both of the online subscriptions, the programs are structured, yet presented in a fun manner to engage the kids.
Now the team at Blake eLearning have launched print workbooks for math and reading that work alongside the online learning program. These workbooks consolidate all the essential literacy and numeracy skills a child is learning on Reading Eggs and Mathseeds.
Members of the Homeschool Review Crew received one of the new workbooks along with a 3-month subscription to Reading Eggs / Mathseeds.
The workbooks are easily connected to the online programs. For example, Reading Skills Books K – 1 cover the lessons in Reading Eggs and Books 2 – 5 cover Reading Eggspress.
Workbooks that Coordinate with Reading Eggs / Reading Eggspress:
- 200 Essential Reading Skills for Kindergarten
- 200 Essential Reading Skills for First Grade
- 200 Essential Reading Skills for Second Grade
- 200 Essential Reading Skills for Third Grade
- 200 Essential Reading Skills for Fourth Grade
- 200 Essential Reading Skills for Fifth Grade
Workbooks that Coordinate with Mathseeds:
- 200 Essential Math skills for Kindergarten
- 200 Essential Math skills for First Grade
- 200 Essential Math skills for Second Grade
Social Media Links for Reading Eggs:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/readingeggsUSCA/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/readingeggs/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/readingeggs
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/readingeggs/
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ABCReadingEggs
Hashtags: #hsreviews #readingeggs #learntoread
Thank you to Laura from Day by Day in Our World for writing this anchor post.