Welcome to the second week of our September Days challenge. What a wonderful time of the year! For my homeschool friends in the northern hemisphere the days are shortening and soon the colors of fall will grace your nations.
For me in Australia spring is peeking out from the trees and there are tell tale signs that warmer days are ahead.
Tomorrow 13 September is Grandparents Day in the USA. This week our challenge is to seek things to be grateful for and to appreciate the grandparents within our families.
Proverbs 16:31 says Gray hair is a crown of spendor, it is attained in the way of righteousness and Proverbs 17:6 declares: Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged; parents are the pride of their children.
What are some ways you and your family celebrate having grand parents and the blessing they are in your family?
Take some time tomorrow to tell stories of the happy memories you have of your grand parents and the things you did together.
Celebrate the specialness of the Grandparents in your family by baking something special for them.
Get the children to make some special cards of love and appreciation and hand deliver them.
Featured from week one All About Apples
- Dawn @ Schoolin Swag shares resources for Apple Unit Study.
- Jessica @ My Homeschool with a View shares Welcoming Fall with Apple-Themed Picture Books.
- Annette @ A Net in Time shares all about Apples in SW Ontario.
- Lori @ My Journeys Through Life shares a tutorial on homemade Apple Butter!
Topics for September Share are
- 7 September – All About Apples
- 14 September – Grandparents & Gratitude
- 21 September – Fall Sports
- 28 September – Everything Pumpkin
Hashtages: #hsreviews #SeptemberDays