Readers in Residence Volume 1 (Sleuth) contains two books. The first book is an inclusive book containing all the text and activities in one spiral bound location. The second book is an answer book for the parent or teacher.
- understand the author’s craft, choices, and intentions
- recognize the literary elements authors use to create fiction and nonfiction
- make inferences from the details in the text plus their own prior knowledge and experience
- decode the meaning of unfamiliar words from context clues
- build a rich and varied vocabulary
- identify and understand figures of speech such as personification, metaphor, and hyperbole
- notice how expert writers employ the conventions of the English language (punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and usage) to achieve clarity
Connect with Apologia on Social Media:
A big thank you to Erin from Amundsen House of Chaos for writing this introductory post.