Are you considering homeschool for the next school year? According to the National Home Education Research Institute, there were 4.5 to 5.0 million homeschooled children in March 2021, double the number reported in spring 2019. While much of this growth was due to the government lockdown of schools during the pandemic, many of these families have discovered the numerous benefits of homeschooling and decided to continue homeschooling.
The Old Schoolhouse Magazine offers many fantastic resources to assist families new to homeschooling, including a quarterly magazine subscription, hundreds of reviews of popular homeschool curriculum and products, academically sound and user-friendly courses through SchoolhouseTeachers.com, and the FREE Considering Homeschooling Info-Pak.
Whether you are already homeschooling, considering it for the first time, or transitioning from pandemic virtual schooling, you’ll find these 58 free eBooks and other resources extremely helpful for years to come.
A few of the amazing resources available include:
- Homeschooling: A Prayerful Journey by Deborah Wuehler
- The Homeschool Minute email newsletter
- Homeschooling the Rebel by Deborah Wuehler
- A Classical Education
- Homeschooling with Young Children
- Strategies for Struggling Learners
- Organize Your Homeschool
- How to Teach the Fidgety Child
- How to Beat Curriculum Boredom
- Helping the Reluctant Writer
- Mastering the Grading Process
- So You Think Your Child May be Gifted
- Secrets of Successful Homeschooling by Paul and Gena Suarez
- Inexpensive Organization by Dena Wood and Eleanor Joyce
- A Homeschool Parent’s Guide to High School Grades, Credits, and Transcripts by Lee Binz
- Hey Mama! 31- Day Devotional
- Homeschool with Confidence
- Public School System: Lovers or Haters of God?
- The New School Year: Planning Your Course and Letting the Lord Determine Your Steps
- The Homeschooling Primer: What Home Education Looks Like and How to Start
All of these resources, and 38 more, are available absolutely free in the Considering Homeschooling Info-Pak.
Extras for Considering Homeschool
For a small shipping fee, you can add the following physical products to the Info-Pak:
- One print back issue of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine
- 10 Ways to Bring Up Your Little Man refrigerator hanging
- 10 Ways to Bring Up Your Little Lady refrigerator hanging
- Fallout! Students Explain Why They Left or Remained in Church DVD
- The Homeschooling Primer: What Home Education Looks Like & How to Start print copy
- Plus other homeschooling and/or state-related information, goodies, and resources
You can also add a Homeschooling with Heart SchoolhouseTeachers.com tote and the current print issue of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine for a few extra dollars to cover shipping.
With each of these options, you will receive free access to the Introduction to Architecture class at SchoolhouseTeachers.com so that you can get an idea of the quality and content of more than 450 other classes at SchoolhouseTeachers.com. With this free course, students will learn about the elements of architecture and study numerous structures, including skyscrapers, bridges, castles, and more. The course includes access to all reading assignments, videos, map activities, and hands-on activities.
The Old Schoolhouse has spent the last 20 years encouraging and equipping parents for their homeschooling journey, and this Considering Homeschooling Info-Pak includes the best guidance and advice from those 20 years.
Special thanks to Michelle W @ Life In The Nerddom
for writing this introductory article.
Members of the Homeschool Review Crew received the Option B package to use and review over the past few weeks. Be sure to visit each of their reviews to learn more about this helpful resource.