This is sponsored content.
Build confidence and strong comprehension and creative writing skills while tracking your child’s progress with the free running record sheets or classroom class-recording sheets. Continue the reading adventures for your 2nd and 3rd grade readers with The Magic Stories, from Allsaid & Dunn, LLC, publishers of The Reading Game and authors of the Wordly Wise series.
The Magic Stories is a follow up to The Reading Game, though your child does not have to have used The Reading Game to enjoy this program. The Magic Stories are downloadable pdf format, optimized for iPad or computer and can also be printed.
The Magic Stories is a set of six stories directed toward children in the 2nd or 3rd grade or struggling readers who read at or about that level. Each story is fun to read and offers a moral. They also come with their own set of “Naughty 40 words” to be printed out on 4 sheets of paper or card stock and cut into flash cards. Don’t worry! These naughty words are merely words that readers typically struggle with and are intended to be used as a list to review before each story to gain confidence when the child encounters them while reading.
Each approximately 20-page book comes with four sets of worksheets that cover reading comprehension and creative writing exercises to allow the child practice opportunities for recall, comprehension, cognition, and creative writing. The activities include:
- Finish the sentence
- Finish the story
Additionally, the child can color the illustrations within the story.
Titles Included are:
- The Magic Hole – Ping Ho finds a bag with a magic hole which changes her family’s life.
- The Magic Ax – Tom learns the value of hard work
- The Magic Joke – An unhappy king and a Princess, war and laughing
- The Magic Hotdog – Alfred can’t stop eating hot dogs
- The Magic Boots – Patty was accidentally given goblin boots
- The Magic Box – A Rumpelstiltskin story
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS –
Find The Magic Stories and other Allsaid & Dunn, LLC products online @:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheReadingGame/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheReadingGame2
- Pinterest: https://au.pinterest.com/TheReadingGame/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVfPcsCZ7zyM7kjiD5Qjn5g
Read what members of the Homeschool Review Crew thought about The Magic Stories:
A big thank you to Tere Scott of Puddle Jumping for writing this introductory post.