With Mother’s Day around the corner we’ve been considering ideas and encouragements for you to bless your Mom. Being a mother encompasses so much more than home education. As mothers we carry hopes and dreams and the hearts of our children from the moment they are conceived and every day for as long as we live. Treasuring a mother and showing her that she has value does not have to be an expensive thing. It can be a letter of encouragement or a cup of tea shared on a quiet afternoon.
As homeschooling mothers we need to remember that our teaching carries great value before the Lord. In Proverbs 6:20-21 God tells us to not forsake our mothers teaching and to bind them around hearts. Our teaching whether it be life skills or school subjects carry much weight before the Lord.
May you be encouraged and lifted up and equipped as you read from our Crew today.
Chareen @ Every Bed of Roses shares
- Dear Mom Who is Feeling Overwhelmed – As a mother so often we feel overwhelmed and alone. Here are some words to encourage and equip you as a Mother.
- Mother this IS who you ARE! – Often times we forget who we really are in the humdrum of daily living. Here are some words to encourage and remind you of who you are.
- Do you value “The Hand That Rocks The Cradle … ” we so often here these words but have we ever stopped to think where they came from?
- Mother’s Day Thoughts – Thoughts on the value of Motherhood, origins of Mother’s day and a round up of ideas from 2018 to use with your children.
Yvie @ Gypsy Road shares Chocolate Smiles! Mother’s Day Delights – My kids know that the way to my heart is paved with chocolate!! These are two kid-friendly recipes sure to create chocolate smiles.
Kim @ 3in15makes5.com shares Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day – Don’t Forget Her This Year! – I’ve picked some gift ideas any mom would appreciate with links to Amazon.
Kelly Ann @ Our Everyday Harvest shares Children’s Books That Center on the Love Between a Mother and Child – There’s nothing like snuggling up with your kids to read a good book! Here are sixteen of our favorite heartwarming children’s books that celebrate the special bond between a mother and child.
Kristen @ A Mom’s Quest to Teach shares Crafts: Mother’s Day Wreath – In this post, A Mom’s Quest to Teach shares a simple craft that can be made using recycled cardboard egg cartoons for Mother’s Day.
Pam @ Simply Passionate shares Non-Traditional Mother’s Day – Suggestions for Mom’s who are non-traditionalist, but still want to be celebrated.
Kym @ Homeschool Coffee Break shares The Rewards of Homeschooling Teens – There are many wonderful opportunities in home educating and enjoying your teens.
You’re Invited to join
Our Weekly Homeschool Link Up
Calling all Homeschool bloggers come and link up your latest posts on anything homeschool. Please grab our image and share the news of our new link up! Every Friday we will be hosting a blog linky for you to share your Homeschool Related posts. (menu planning, encouragement, how to, showcase your children’s work, homeschool topics, home management, cooking, homeschool diary etc)
A few guidelines:
- Please link the URL to your specific blog post, not your main blog URL. For example:
- Incorrect: http://www.schoolhousereviewcrew.com
- Correct: http://www.schoolhousereviewcrew.com/favorite-free-resources-for-homeschoolers-weekly-homeschool-link-up/
- Please link back to us in your post so that others can find our linky and discover new homeschool blogs to follow.
- Visit a couple of the posts before your link, leave some bloggy comment love we all love to hear from you.
- We welcome both NEW and old content that is non-sponsored and homeschool relevant.