Have you ever hesitated to teach your child a foreign language because you are not familiar with it yourself?
The TOS Homeschool Crew had the opportunity this fall when they were given the chance to review REAL Homeschool Spanish. This curriculum is designed to be enjoyable for the whole family and you do not need to know how to speak Spanish in order to have fun learning the language with your child.
The motto of the curriculum is RELAX, ENJOY, ASPIRE, LEARN SPANISH and REAL Homeschool Spanish strives to make this a reality in a number of ways:
1. Spanish is learned through conversation and all new vocabulary is first taught through speaking it and getting replies from your children (audio files are included so that the teacher/students can hear the language spoken).
2. Learning the language is incorporated into the day. Material that is learned is relevant in a homeschooling environment and can be used not only in “class” but throughout the day.
3. With the ideas section and games from the activity book your student will have fun learning the vocabulary in a variety of exciting ways.
4. The curriculum comes with a planning guide and daily planning chart so that you can be organized in presenting the material to your family and fitting in as part of your family’s educational journey.
5. Emphasis is placed on a relaxed learning environment. Here’s more from their website on why:
“We believe that a relaxed environment encourages positive language learning. Too much grammar and too much emphasis on perfectly correct speech hinders the enjoyment and progress of learning. Slow and steady practice promotes correct speech over time. For these reasons, we have limited our grammar sections to a minimum and stress communication and enjoyment first.”
The TOS Homeschool Crew was given the downloadable version of REAL Homeschool Spanish which included the book (featuring 10 units, 55 vocab clusters and 15 idea sections of ways to further your learning), a 179 page activity book featuring all kids of activities from word searches, to crosswords, to word scrambles and lots in between, all the audio files you need, an answer guide and the daily curriculum guide/planner.
There are number of different option for purchasing REAL Homeschool Spanish from instant downloads (with or without the daily planner) to hard copies with books and CDs so I invite you to visit their purchase page to find out more about products and prices. Currently the download sell for 49.95$US and the hard copies sell for 89.95$US. There are also many samples available on their website so I encourage you to visit for yourself and to read more below to find out how other Crew members used REAL Homeschool Spanish in their homes.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
Thanks to Katrina from Mama Manuscripts for writing this post!
17 thoughts on “REAL Homeschool Spanish”
You are so right about incorporating it into everyday life. A parent I know taught her children phonics and reading with Ring Around the Phonics, and then used the same game to teach Spanish. I have not tried it yet, but it sounds cool.
This looks like a great introduction to Spanish for the whole family.