I remember years ago when we were little my parents always made our first day of school each year something special and took photographs to document our journey. It’s so much fun looking through those memories now and remembering my siblings and the anticipation of creating new friends, learning new things and anticipating new skills. As a home educating family who homeschools all year around I never even considered creating first day of the school year memories with my first two. However when we moved to Australia over a decade ago we joined a homeschool group who hosted an annual Not Back to School Party. Needless to say this has become one of the most anticipated events of our year. Today a couple of us would like to share some of our start of the year ideas.
Jeniffer @ Thou Shall Not Whine shares
- First Day Back to Homeschool Traditions – Six fun ideas to start the new year right!
- Making the Most of the Homeschooling Years – Making the most of the homeschooling years is simple to do, but all too often we over complicate things. Here are five things that have helped me enjoy the children, make our house a home, and enjoy the homeschooling life like the blessing it is.
- How to Make Homeschooling a Lifestyle – Homeschooling is a lifestyle, not something we do from 8-3. Here are some ideas to keep the learning organic.
Kym @ Homeschool Coffee Break shares
- My Back to Homeschool Checklist: Get Off To A Great Start – Ideas for celebrating back to homeschool each year, and making the first day memorable
- Homeschool 101 – Celebrating Back to Homeschool – I love getting a “first day of school” picture of each student every year – even when they don’t co-operate!
- School Scripture – We’ve chosen a Scripture as a theme or focus for our homeschool every year.
Karen @ Tots and Me…Growing Up Together shares
- Wordless Wednesday: First Day of Homeschool 2017 – This is a look at our first day of school last year with all our current traditions.
- 5 Days of Homeschool 101: Traditions (Our Homeschool Traditions) – This post is a couple of years old, but it describes the traditions a bit more than the picture post.
- Back to Homeschool Blog Hop Day 5: The Hubby’s Take on Traditions – A funny look at our homeschool traditions, as written by my husband (but written as if I wrote it). I reread it and couldn’t stop laughing.