National Holidays are an excellent time to teach your children about the significance behind your country and the reason for the holiday. Recently the Homeschool Crew reviewed White House Holiday Unit Studies and enjoyed discovering some of the history behind these holidays. Today a few of the Crew would like to share a couple of ideas they have used in their homes.
Kelly @ Our Everyday Harvest shares Celebrate Independence Day with these Fun Patriotic Books for Kids! – Perfect for the Fourth of July, these patriotic children’s books focus on America and the history of our nation!
Kym @ Homeschool Coffee Break shares
- Canada Day – Some facts about Canada Day
- From the High School Lesson Book – Independence Day – A brief history lesson on Independence Day
Karen @ Tots and Me…Growing Up Together shares
- Patriotic Ideas Roundup – It’s that time of year, time to gather fun, and some patriotic ideas to get ready to celebrate America’s birthday. Here are some fun things I have posted in the past with the links to the original posts.
- Craft Highlight: Fingerprint American Flag – This is a Littles Learning Link Up Highlight Post where I tweaked another fingerprint flag. The children used fingerprints to create the starts and stripes on construction paper to make an American Flag
- P is for Patriotic Pasta Sparkler Activity – A Montessori Inspired activity using spaghetti, straws, a paper towel roll, and pony beads to work on fine-motor skills in a patriotic way.
Dawn @ Schoolin’ Swag shares How We Celebrate Independence Day! – Learn how we celebrate Independence Day and get some great tips and resources for your own celebration! Make history come to life!
Annette A Net in Time
- Canada Day Resources – A round up of resources to help celebrate Canada’s birthday.
- Canada Day Celebrations – A look into how we celebrated Canada Day.
- An X-cellent reason to celebrate – Canada turned 150 years, it’s a reason to celebrate
2 thoughts on “National Holiday Resource Round Up”