Math seems to cause a lot of stress for homeschooling families. Gaps can occur in learning if curriculums are changed for a variety of reasons. A+ Interactive Math has come up with online Math Mini-Courses that are affordable and can help close those learning gaps. Each mini-course covers a math concept over several grade levels which means it starts with the basics of the concept and ends with an advanced level of that concept. Mini Math courses offer a way to review individual areas that the student might be weak in and help them build a stronger math foundation.
A+ Interactive Math has developed 20 Math Mini Courses with each providing 1 year of online access that range in price from $9.99 to $19.99. Each of the courses is designed to be finished in 2 to 3 months. If the course is completed in that time frame you still have the rest of the year to go back and review the course if needed.
Each Math Mini-Course includes
- Multimedia Lessons that teach math concepts with fun, colorful, and engaging computer-animated video lessons, audio, and text.
- Interactive Review for each lesson that helps students/parents identify and close learning gaps.
- Worksheets that provide extra practice to help master each math concept.
- Automatic grading and tracking.
- Easy-to-read progress reports.
- Solution Guides that provide detailed step-by-step solutions with visuals to each problem on worksheets.
- Full-text versions of lessons that provide additional flexibility for those who like to read through the lessons.
- Printable worksheets and tests for practice offline.
The course choices are:
- Counting and Identifying Numbers (1st-3rd) – 15 lessons
- Place Value and Number Combinations (1st-3rd) – 15 lessons
- Naming, Comparing, and Arranging Numbers (1st-3rd) – 17 lessons
- Early Elementary Fractions (1st-3rd) – 10 lessons
- Early Elementary Addition (1st-3rd) – 17 lessons
- Early Elementary Subtraction (1st-3rd) – 15 lessons
- Elementary & Middle School Multiplication (2nd-6th) – 13 lessons
- Elementary & Middle School Division (2nd-6th) – 15 lessons
- Tables, Charts, and Graphs (1st-6th) – 17 lessons
- Elementary Geometry (1st-4th) – 19 lessons
- Elementary Algebra (1st-4th) – 27 lessons
- Advanced Geometry (4th-7th) – 35 lessons
- Advanced Fractions (4th-8th) – 26 lessons
- Decimal Numbers (3rd-7th) – 20 lessons
- Percentages (5th-8th) – 13 lessons
- Time (1st-4th) – 20 lessons
- Money (1st-5th) – 18 lessons
- Number Types and Conversions (3rd-6th) – 35 lessons
- Ratio, Proportions, Probability & Statistics (3rd-6th) – 14 lessons
- Measurements and Conversions (2nd-6th) – 23 lessons
Thank you to Erin from Amundsen House of Chaos for writing this article.