This article is in collaboration with Hewitt Homeschooling.
Whether your child is in the early years of their education or nearing graduation, gaining a solid language arts foundation is essential. In recent weeks, the Homeschool Review Crew has had the opportunity to use the Lightning Literature sets from Hewitt Homeschooling Resources. With well-known novels, plays, poetry, short stories, etc. as the backdrop for this language arts curriculum, students gain a better understanding of literature and will use that understanding to improve their writing skills. Reading great literature and then writing about it is a winning combination for any student. At the elementary level, a Student Guide and Teacher Guide are included in each set for each grade.
- Grade 1 Lightning Lit Set
- Grade 2 Lightning Lit Set
- Grade 3 Lightning Lit Set
- Grade 4 Lightning Lit Set
Other sets available are:
- My First Report: Solar System, Grades 1-4
- Chronicles of __ State History Notebook, Grades 3-8
- Joy of Discovery w Learning Objectives (this is for parents and covers how to make unit studies.)
At the Junior High level, sets include a Student Guide, Teacher Guide and a Workbook.
At the High School level, all sets include a Student Guide & Teacher Guide.
- American Early-Mid 19th Century Gr 9-10
- American Mid-Late 19th Century Gr 9-12
- Speech Gr 9-12.
- British Early-Mid 19th Century Gr 10-12
- British Mid-Late 19th Century Gr 10-12
- British Medieval Gr 10-12
- Shakespeare Comedies Gr 11-12
- Shakespeare Tragedies Gr 11-12
- British Christian Gr 11-12
- American Christian Gr 11-12
For several decades, has been offering curriculum and resources that help provide a balanced, flexible approach to homeschooling. Their materials combine excellent academics with character development, instill a solid work ethic and help develop a spirit of community service in the next generation.
Connect with Hewitt Publishing on Social Media:
Check out the Crew Reviews below to see how other homeschool families are using these products from Hewitt Homeschooling Resources!
A big thank you to Linda from Apron Strings & Other Things for this introductory article.