Ready for a trip around the world? Let’s Go Geography is an online subscription for K-4th graders that will introduce your student to the tastes, sounds, and sights of different countries around our globe each week. Author, Carol Henderson, has been teaching geography to elementary students in a large homeschool co-op for years. Let’s Go Geography comes from her experience and lessons – now available in a digital format.
This subscription style curriculum will send you an email each week with a hands-on study for a new location to explore, or you can download the entire year and pick and choose countries you want to visit. Each year will cover 26 countries, and 2 regions of the the USA.
- Chapter 1: Map it! – locate the country on the map and learn some basic facts.
- Chapter 2: The Flag – color, cut and paste the flag into your Travel Journal – three-ring binder to keep all your geography mementos organized. Free printable covers come with your subscription.
- Chapter 3: The Music – listen and watch the music of the country with online videos – all videos are in a safe viewing mode – no YouTube adds or comments.
- Chapter 4: Let’s Explore – go sightseeing! Learn about fascinating facts about the country. From what the people do, and what they eat, to special locations to visit. Simple writing assignments give your child a chance to remember what they learned. Pictures are included for your Travel Journal.
- Chapter 5: Create! – a hands-on activity with step-by-step instructions (any supplies you need are detailed for you)
- Chapter 6: Printables – notebooking pages, flags for the classroom, coloring pages and more.
Let’s Go Geography offers 3 years of completely new content each week! They permit 1 teacher and his/her entire homeschool and co-op class access with your membership.
Social Media Links:
- Facebook: https://business.facebook.com/letsgogeography Tag: @letsgogeography
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ie/letsgogeography/ Tag: @letsgogeography
Hashtags: #hsreviews, #geography, #homeschoolgeography, #geographyforkids
A BIG thank you to Renita Bentz at Mom of Many for this introductory article.