This is sponsored content.
Pack your bags and get ready for a trip around the world with Let’s Go Geography. Members of the Crew were have been using Let’s Go Geography, Year 2 with their families, a 32-week program that takes students around the globe and introduces them to countries all over the world.
Created by elementary geography teacher Carol Henderson, Let’s Go Geography is an online subscription for grades K-4. Using hands on crafts, activities, videos, songs and more, Let’s Go Geography takes the boredom out of learning world geography. All years start with North America, then move consecutively to South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and either Oceania/Australia or Antarctica, depending on the year.
Each week’s lesson is designed to take about an hour. The downloadable PDF lessons include 5 chapters with with a variety of activities covering either a portion of the United States or country.
- Chapter 1: Map it! – locate the country on the map and learn some basic facts.
- Chapter 2: The Flag – color, cut and paste the flag into your Travel Journal – three-ring binder to keep all your geography mementos organized. Free printable covers come with your subscription.
- Chapter 3: The Music – listen and watch the music of the country with online videos – all videos are in a safe viewing mode – no YouTube adds or comments.
- Chapter 4: Let’s Explore – go sightseeing! Learn about fascinating facts about the country. From what the people do, and what they eat, to special locations to visit. Simple writing assignments give your child a chance to remember what they learned. Pictures are included for your Travel Journal.
- Chapter 5: Create! – a hands-on activity with step-by-step instructions (any supplies you need are detailed for you)
- Chapter 6: Printables – notebooking pages, flags for the classroom, coloring pages and more.
The completion of Year 2 now allows parents to purchase a yearly or lifetime subscription options, allowing immediate downloadable access to all the PDF lessons. Year 1 and 2 are currently available with Year 3 currently in production.
Social Media Links:
Thank you to Brenda Prince at Counting Pinecones for this introductory article.
Read the Crew Reviews