Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year. Books are my second love. Put the two together and you have a marriage made in heaven. Over the years of my homeschooling journey one of the things I’ve enjoyed is seeing the growing family traditions around Christmas and books
Some traditions to try
- Collect 25 picture books, wrap them and place them under your tree. Open one a day and read it together with a family favourite treat.
- Read an advent story together. Some of our favourites are: Jotham’s Journey Series and The Jesse Tree
- Buy a new Christmas book and enjoy it together each year.
Some book posts I’ve shared in the past
- 13 Books to read at Christams – here are our favourites and where to find them.
- Silent Night & Other Chrismat Carols – some of our favourite carols and their stories.
- The Man Who Invented Christmas – A historical look at Christmas and how Charles Dickens influenced it’s change to what we know today.
- Lighthouse Christmas – a look at how Christmas was brought to lighthouse keepers and their families.
Here on the Crew Blog
- A collection of Christmas Stories – 35 Christmas Picture Books
- Beautiful Books for Christmas
- A Christmas Book Round Up
- Our Favourite Christmas Books
I’m always on the hunt for beautiful books to add to my Christmas Collection. What are some of your favourites?
Thank you to Chareen @ Every Bed of Roses for this guest post.