When considering home education as a family the number one concern is budgeting. Choosing to sacrifice a second income in-order that one parent can remain at home full time is a challenge in today’s economic climate, and doing so requires careful consideration and long term intentional planning. My mother’s favourite saying is “Count the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.” Over the years as a stay at home Mom I have come to value that statement and understand the depth of it’s wisdom. It’s the little things that tend to erode into your budget and by watching these you will be able to make it work.
On many of the home school forums it’s one of the top trending topics: How am I going to educate my children with our extremely tight budget? We asked the crew to share their tips and advice with us. I have been so blessed looking over this list and hope that you will be too as you prepare for the new year ahead.
Brittney from Mom’s Heart shares Free (and inexpensive) Audiobook Resources for Homeschooling.
April from ElCloud Homeschool How To Homeschool on a Tight Budget
Jennifer A Peace of Mind some thoughts Let’s Get Frugal
Heather over at Only Passionate Curiosity shares Homeschool For Free with the “free list”
Melissa at Mom’s Plans Homeschooling shares How To: Save Money at a Curriculum Swap
Jennifer at Chestnut Grove Academy shares How to Save Money on Field Trips (31 Days of Field Trips Series)
Debbie over at Debbie’s Homeschool Corner shares Homeschooling on a Budget
Lori at At Home: where life happens 10 Of Our Favorite Ways To Save Money Homeschooling
Leah over at As We Walk Along the Road shares some thoughts on:
- Budgeting for Homeschool Curricula
- Can I Really Homeschool for Free?
- Frugal Homeschooling:Ways to Save Pennies
Crystal over at Castle View Academy shares 10 Ways We Homeschool On The Cheap
Kim from Homestead Acres shares Homeschooling Without Breaking The Bank
Karen from Tots and Me…Growing Up Together shares 5 Days of Homeschooling Essentials- Day 1: Essential Supplies
Marcy over at Ben and Me shares
- Homeschooling for Free: U.S. Geography with State Maps and Travel Guides
- 170+ Classic Books for Kindle for Your Homeschool
- 115 Free iPad Apps to Kickstart Your School Year
Jennifer from Faithful Homestead shares Big Time Learning on a Sm
Susan at Every Day of Education shares My Favorite Homeschool Tools, Homeschool Reailty on a Budget
Kym from Homeschool Coffee Break shares
Jennifer over at Faithful Homestead Big Time Learning on a Small Time Budget
Chareen at Every Bed of Roses shares
- Homeschool 4 FREE Resource List with links to over a 100 sites
- HELP There’s NO money for Curriculum!
- 5 Days of FREE Homeschool Resources arranged by: Fine Arts, Language Arts, Science, History and Geography.
Dawn over at Double O Farms shares
- Homeschooling Frugally with SchoolhouseTeachers.com
- Extracurricular Activities in your Homeschool FRUGALLY
A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money. – John Ruskin