Would you like to grow your blog, YouTube, and social media platforms and review great products in your homeschool at the same time? Apply now to join The Old Schoolhouse® Homeschool Review Crew!
Who Are We and What Do We Do?
The Homeschool Review Crew is a division of The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine. Our team uses products of interest to homeschooling families and shares their experiences with their blog, vlog, and social media audiences.
- Have an active blog on any platform (eg. Blogger, WordPress, Wix, etc) OR have an active YouTube Channel or be active on Facebook. We define active as one new blog post/YouTube Vlog each week. For Facebook Reviewing, we define active as several posts a week.
- Be currently home educating at least one child. Your child/ren can be anywhere from Pre-K to 12th Grade.
- For bloggers and YouTube vloggers be active on a social media platform of your own choosing ( Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest )
- For Facebook reviewers, be active on a second social media platform of your choice. ( Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest )
- Love curriculum, homeschool products (both physical and digital) and books.
What Do We Require of our Team?
- Maintain an active blog/vlog by posting a minimum of ONE non-sponsored post a week on any family-friendly topic of your own choosing or for Facebook reviewers maintaining two social media platforms by posting non-sponsored content to each several times a week.
- You need to be committed to sharing each of your reviews on your social media platforms a minimum of twice. This can be twice on one platform or on any two platforms of your choosing in one week.
- Use the product you receive during the review period (usually about six weeks) and write an honest review. We do not require you to write a positive review and we do not tell you what to write. We do, however, have a few minimum requirements.
- A commitment to meet deadlines and specific time frames by posting reviews to your platform and linking them up on our blog during the due date window.
- On a regular basis visit our private Review Crew Forum where we provide support, encouragement, and information necessary to complete each review.
Our review year runs from January to mid-November. This year, we have decided we’d love to bring a few people on throughout the year.
BENEFITS OF BEING ON OUR REVIEW TEAMS
- Social Media Support
- Access to our private forum where you will be given all the information you need to successfully review your products. On the forum, you will have the ability to connect with other like-minded home educators who are bloggers, vloggers, and Facebook+ reviewers and get help with technical issues you may be having. We have Crew Leadership and many veteran crew members who are always ready to lend a hand.
- Homeschool products and other products of interest to homeschool families (These include but are not limited to: digital books & products, physical books, audio dramas, home educational items, etc). Take a look at our Vendors from 2019 and 2020.
- A physical copy of The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine (published quarterly).
- SchoolhouseTeachers.com membership
HOW CAN YOU APPLY?
If you believe you would be an asset to our Crew and wish to join us, please fill out the application below.
If you have any questions please email Charlotte Gochnauer at firstname.lastname@example.org