This article is in collaboration with Allsaid & Dunn, LLC.
Who says learning how to read can’t be fun?
Allsaid & Dunn, LLC publishes The Reading Game, a supplemental resource for Language and Literacy Arts. With four skill sets: Foundational Skills; Language; Speaking and Listening; and Reading, this game helps children develop a strong foundation.
This program consists of six colorful storybooks; each book includes a fun and simple word matching game. Each memory card game contains thirty words, taught in five-word increments. Also included are six decks of matching playing cards and a Teacher and Parent Guide.
Each of the six stories is told using only thirty new words. These are broken down into six sets of five words.The student learns to read each set of five words by playing a simple word matching game. Using rote learning our children read new words using this fast-paced game.You move on move on only after demonstrated proficiency in the words covered. Some may take a little longer or even a lot longer; but everyone can learn to read especially when the method is so much fun!
After completing two stages, we move on to reading a captioned picture. These include a short but descriptive phrase of only ten words, helping transition from stand-alone words to reading short and simple sentences. The cards also introduce punctuation and capitalization as our children are prepared for successful storybook reading.
Each storybook contains thirty words; a word list is provided in the back of each book. Approximately 30 pages in length – The first story is all about a skunk without a stripe who is rejected for being different but is accepted by a group of cats and turns into their defender.
Each book and game adds an additional thirty words for a vocabulary of 180 words when the series is completed. This multi-sensory approach – using card game play, flashcards, and storybooks – is a sure way to grow retention as well as a love for reading!
Available on their website are the Pre/Post Card Game Sight Word Assessment Worksheets to help you assess your child’s sight word recognition both before and after playing the six card games. They also provide a Pre/Post Sight Word Class Recording Sheet to help keep track of progress.
Connect on Social Media
Thank you to Jennifer King of A Peace of Mind. for this introductory article.
Win ONE of 5 sets of The Reading Game
Allsaid & Dunn, LLC has five sets to giveaway to our readers!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Email Addresses will NOT be used (or stored in any database)
for any other purpose than to contact the winners.
- Five random winners will be drawn and notified. Prize winners will be notified of the competition result by email, and winners will be announced on Facebook on Thursday, 18 March 2021.
- One prize each of The Reading Game.
- One Easy entry below using the Rafflecopter.
- It opens at 8 am EST 8 March 2021
- Closes Midnight EST 15 march 2021
- To be eligible to enter the giveaway, entrants must be a real person, at least 18 years old, and reside in the United States (proof of address or age may be required) and void where prohibited by law.
- No purchase necessary to enter to win.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value.
- Entrants must not be our employee, officer, or agent, and/or you must not be a family relation of any such person.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the prize winner for 14 days. If the winner fails to respond to our notification attempts within this time or provide an address for delivery of the prize or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions, we reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
Click below to read the reviews from the members of the Homeschool Review Crew that had the opportunity to use the above product in their homes over the past few weeks.