When I think of The Color Orange I think of Fall and the glorious colors of the leaves on the trees. As I sit here sipping tea and typing I see mostly a sea of green. Small splashes of orange and yellow peek through the towering evergreen trees. As fall marches on, more and more orange, yellow, and red leaves will appear but for now, the deciduous trees are still mostly green and blend in well with the evergreens.
That lack of color on the trees isn’t stopping my family from enjoying The Color Orange. We’ve pulled out the fall decorations box and my daughter created a new fall wreath for us. We’ll pull out the Pumpkin Spice scented candle and all the yellow, orange, and red plastic leaves. We have the fall themed placemats, tablecloth and napkins too with splotches and splashes of orange here and there.
Fall and The Color Orange also brings to mind Pumpkins and all things Pumpkin Spice. I don’t particularly like pumpkin spice lattes but I discovered that I do enjoy pumpkin spice bagels and pumpkin scones. You can have my piece of pumpkin pie though and I’ll save room for pumpkin cheesecake. Oddly though scones and cheesecake are not orange.
All the talk of food and thinking of The Color Orange and fall reminds me of harvesting and preserving and canning. We canned carrots and made peach jam. Peach jam in a jar looks orange. Not as orange as home canned carrots. The pluot jam is more of a reddish orange. I love that the colors of the homemade jam on the shelf remind me of the colors of fall.
What does The Color of Orange make you think of? Do you think of fall colors or maybe a tall glass of orange juice? How about orange tabby cats? Orange Sherbet?
Featured from Week four – Everything Pumpkin
- Annette from A Net in Time shares Pumpkin and a check in and Everything Pumpkin.
- Lori from At Home: Where Life Happens – Pumpkin Stories and Resources
- Amy @ A Nest in the Rocks shares Caramel Pumpkin Doughnut Hole Muffin Recipe and Perfectly Pumpkin Pancakes.
- Dawn @ The Schoolin’ Swag Blog shares Pumpkin and Fall Book Display and Pumpkins!
- Kirsten @ A Mom’s Quest to Teach shares Everything Pumpkin.
- Holly @ Homeschool on the Range shares A Recipe for Oktoberfest Success!
- Week One – The Color Orange
- Week Two – Wonderful Blessings of God
- Week Three – Rain & God’s Reign
- Week Four – Furniture Favorites
- Week Five – Goals for November
Hashtags: #HSReviews and #OctoberDays