We have two days left of 2017 and as I sit here I am reminded how blessed we have been on the Homeschool Review Crew this year. In this past year we have reviewed over 78 products with a total of 5,700 reviews written. The Homeschool Review Crew recently awarded 31 Blue Ribbon Awards to 22 companies.
As I sit and reflect the year gone by I am reminded that we are commanded in Philippians 4:8 to focus on all things that are good and as such I realised in the hum drum of daily living it is so very easy to allow the daily grind to erase the small things to be grateful for. Last year I remember reading on Marcy’s blog Ben and Me about creating a memory jar as a special way of collecting those special daily things to be thankful for and I think in the new year I shall definitely be doing this. This past year has not been an easy one but I know that God is good and as such I need to seek out the beauty He has surrounded me with every*single*day and this will be a small way to help me focus on seeing the beauty that is in my life from Him.
For the year ahead I will not be making any resolutions. A few years back I remember reading on a friends blog that resolutions have a way of making us feel guilty when we fail at keeping them. She encouraged her readers instead to make goals for the new year. So this week end I will be reflecting and prayerfully seeking goals for the new year ahead.
I would encourage you to set goals for yourself in the year ahead and by making small daily changes and steps you will achieve great things.
Consider setting goals in the following ten areas:
- Personal Learning
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream another dream – C.S. Lewis
You’re Invited to join
Our Weekly Homeschool Link Up
Calling all Homeschool bloggers come and link up your latest posts on anything homeschool. Please grab our image and share the news of our new link up! Every Friday we will be hosting a blog linky for you to share your Homeschool Related posts. (menu planning, encouragement, how to, showcase your children’s work, homeschool topics, home management, cooking, homeschool diary etc)
A few guidelines:
- Please link the URL to your specific blog post, not your main blog URL. For example:
- Incorrect: http://www.schoolhousereviewcrew.com
- Correct: http://www.schoolhousereviewcrew.com/favorite-free-resources-for-homeschoolers-weekly-homeschool-link-up/
- Please link back to us in your post so that others can find our linky and discover new homeschool blogs to follow.
- Visit a couple of the posts before your link, leave some bloggy comment love we all love to hear from you.
- We welcome both NEW and old content that is non-sponsored and homeschool relevant.