This article is in collaboration with American Coaching Academy and their habit tracker.
Teaching children to develop healthy habits is no easy task. American Coaching Academy offers resources such as lesson plans, workouts, games, and other activities to engage children in fun and creative ways to get them moving!
One of their products is the Healthy Habit Tracker. This monthly habit tracker assists parents with implementing these essential skills in the home. In 5 minutes a day, children have fun while building healthy habits! These monthly trackers consist of several daily challenges a child can complete and mark off. Over time, the visual display of a completed task will encourage children to form a habit.
Each full-color habit tracker is a 1-page digital product, ready to download and print immediately. The recommended age group is 6–18 years old. However, the whole family can benefit from these habit tracker challenges!
Build Routines with Habit Tracker
Challenge 1: Muscular Endurance
- Exercise circuit
Challenge 2: Household Chores
- Age-appropriate chores to complete around the house
Challenge 3: Healthy Body
- Self-care tasks
Challenge 4: Kindness
- Give someone a hug, a compliment, or make someone smile
Challenge 5: Nutrition
- Build healthy eating habits
Challenge 6: Locomotor
- Improve balance, strength, and coordination
Challenge 7: Boot Camp
- Conditioning exercises including burpees, push-ups, sit-ups, and more
Challenge 8: Yoga Flow
- Yoga poses to boost physical and mental well-being
Challenge 9: Cardio
- Circuit to improve cardiovascular endurance
Challenge 10: Flexibility
- Stretches to improve range of motion
Challenge 11: Muscular Strength
- Improve ability to lift weight with exercises such as push-ups, squats, and lunges
Challenge 12: Bee Fit
- A mix of strength, movement, hydration, and kindness
Young children benefit from forming those healthy habits at an early age and having a place to record habits is very helpful for busy parents.
The Crew received all twelve habit trackers. Read their reviews by clicking the links below.
Special thanks to Kristi of Bailey’s Homeschool Adventure for writing this introductory article.