Purposeful Design recently sent members of the Schoolhouse Review Crew an award-winning, hardback book, Purposeful Design: Understanding the Creation, suitable for all ages.
Inside the beautifully illustrated book, author, Jay Schabacker, points readers to evidence that an all-powerful, personal Creator designed our world with precision and purpose for our pleasure.
How does he do this?
Mr. Schabacker takes readers on a journey through the incredible seven days of creation. Each chapter boasts fascinating facts about what was created on each day. Chapters include:
- Chapter 1 – The First Day: Creation of the Heavens and the Earth, the Foundation of it All
- Chapter 2 – The Second Day: Creation of the Atmosphere and Water
- Chapter 3 – The Third Day: Creation of the Dry Land and Vegetation
- Chapter 4 – The Fourth Day: Creation of the Sun, Moon, and Stars
- Chapter 5 – The Fifth Day: Creation of the Birds and Fish
- Chapter 6 – Creation Day Six: Creation of Land Creatures and Humans
- Chapter 7 – The Seventh Day
The author records Bible verses from the creation account, discusses scientific laws that govern our world, and analyzes features of our earth’s composition that enable life as we know it. From the orbit of the moon and the second law of thermodynamics to the instincts of birds and the human cell, he takes complex concepts and explains them in a way that even younger readers can comprehend. By the end of the book, readers will understand the author’s message that God isn’t just an intelligent designer but a purposeful designer who loves us.
In addition to the book, Purposeful Design provides a wonderful resource on their web site intended to be used along with the book. The Young Explorer’s Club is a workbook curriculum which contains a Kid’s Workbook, Teacher’s Set, and a Certificate of Completion that can all be downloaded free of charge.
Click on the banner below to read the Crew Reviews!
A big thank you to Brandi T. of BrandiRaae for writing this introductory post.