This article is in collaboration with Apologia.
Have you been looking for a Biblical approach to teaching about the human body to your children? Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology, just might be the resource you’ve been looking for to teach your Kindergarten-6th grade students. Written by Jeannie Fulbright and pediatrician Brooke Ryan, M.D., Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology is part of the Young Explorers Series from Apologia.
Recently, members of the Homeschool Review Crew have had the opportunity to review this course which included the following resources:
- Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology Text
- Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology Junior Notebooking Journal
- Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology Notebooking Journal
- Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology MP3 Audio CD
The course is broken into 14 Lessons, which if taken at the recommended pace will take 28 weeks to complete (two weeks per lesson.) During these lessons, students will be introduced to numerous topics including:
- the anatomy of the cell and DNA,
- the anatomy and physiology of the skeletal system,
- how the muscular system moves the skeletal system,
- the digestive and renal systems,
- health and nutrition,
- respiratory system,
- cardiovascular, nervous, and endocrine systems,
- the integumentary system,
- the lymphatic and endocrine systems and
- growth and development.
The Charlotte Mason approach to teaching is the basis for the interactive narratives, hands-on activities and labs, and the notebooking that Apologia’s Young Explorer series is known for. With only a few exceptions (such as a blood typing kit), the supplies necessary for completing the labs and projects are common household items that can be acquired fairly easily.
To Learn More About Apologia and Their Courses Visit These Social Media Links:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/apologiaworld Tag: @apologiaworld
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/apologiaworld Tag: @apologiaworld
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/apologia/ Tag: @apologia
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/apologiaworld Tag: @apologiaworld
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/apologiaworld
Read the Reviews Below!
Thank you to Jennifer @ Faithful Homestead for writing this introductory article.