This article is in collaboration with Collectorz.
Homeschooling families are known for their book collections. We need an easy way to list and organize them. Enter Collectorz offering cataloging systems for books, CDs, DVDs, comics, and video games. These systems are available for either Windows or Mac OS X systems or may be used online. The TOS Homeschool Crew received the Book Collector Pro Version which allows the user to catalog their book collections on their own computers.
How does it work? First, type or scan the book’s ISBN number. Second, select your book from the Search Results. Third, click Add To and the book will be added to your database. Information including, Title, Author, Publisher, Publication Date, Number of Pages, and Cover Image will be downloaded to your database when available. Some books, such as out-of-print volumes, may require the user to add in this information on their own.
The Pro Version has extra features for larger collections. Some of these features include:
· exporting to an iPhone or iPod Touch
· managing loans of the books
· exporting to HTML so that the collection may be put on a webpage
Standard and Pro features include:
· Cataloging to personal computer
· Printing of lists of the collection
· Viewing in customer’s choice of layout skins
· Sorting and searching at the Sort Order screen
· Using multiple fields for book details
· Browsing collection by Title, Author, Publisher, etc.
What type of details may be used with each book?
· Original Language
· Dewey Number
Visit the Collectorz website to use a trial version which allows the user to catalog up to 100 books. While there, explore the other Collectorz cataloging systems.
See what the TOS Crew thought about Collectorz Book Collector Pro Version by clicking on the links below.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to view this Linky Tools list…
Special thanks to First Mate Kimberly at Train Up a Child for writing this introductory article.