This article is in collaboration with Clued In Kids.
The last thirty years have shown an explosion of “screen time” with younger and younger children, and left parents struggling to find a way to keep children entertained. Recently, the Schoolhouse Review Crew had the chance to try out Clued In Kids, a company that provides a fun, educational way for parents and children to spend time without turning on the TV.
Parents were allowed to choose from one of nine printable options, including
- Hallowe’en – This is a hunt in a Hallowe’en card! The hunt includes a card, clues, tacks for taping clues to hiding places, tattoos to use as the final treasure and a pouch to store them in
- Thanksgiving – This printable hunt includes 12 clues to help children understand the reason and history behind the American Thanksgiving tradition
- Winter – Another printable hunt that helps keep indoor-bound kids busy using 12 clues and a host of fun activities
- Gluten free – Designed for the child with allergies, ADHD, autism, and other issues that might have parents looking for information on a gluten-free diet. This is a printable hunt that takes 8 minutes to set up and is designed to accommodate 1-10 kids at a time, and teaches lessons about nutrition and helps the child understand a new diet.
- “Happy Tummy” hunt – Another printable hunt that helps give lessons on nutrition and diet changes that can be set up in 8 minutes
- Homework Reward – Clues in this printable are designed to help kids get the energy out after school or chores are completed.
- Multiplication Dragon – Includes five hunts designed to help the 7-9 year old age group remember their multiplication tables up to the 6’s. This printable hunt includes puzzles, riddles and fun math-based activities.
- Baseball – Twelve clues including puzzles, baseball trivia, math, mazes and more
- Soccer – Twelve soccer-based clues in a printable hunt for 1-10 children
In these printable options, parents print out the series of five clues along with the place the next “answer” should be found. Each set requires only 8 minutes of set up time for about 20 minutes of fun and learning!
Parents could also choose from a handful of Physical Clue Pads
- Christmas in a greeting card – The card includes clue cards, a treasure box pouch, tattoos and still only takes 8 minutes to set up!
- Playdates – The clues in this booklet include a variety of challenges that allow multiple ages to participate. Participants will find things like counting chocolate chips on cookies, mazes, secret codes and other fun tasks geared towards a party group.
- Princess – A fairytale-themed booklet and puzzles that includes tasks for the knights as well!
- Pirate – A booklet that can be used as the main attraction at a pirate-themed party or just an afternoon of fun for 1-10 children.
- Slumber party – Fun includes dares, secret codes, folding clues and more to help participants get into the fun of sleeping over!
Each Clued In Kids pad or printable takes approximately 8 minutes to set up, and will provide an hour or more of fun for children ages 4 and up.
Click on the banner below to read the Crew Reviews!
A big thank you to Melissa of Little Connections for writing this introductory post.