Books are a huge part of our homeschooling adventure. They take us to places we many never physically travel to, they teach us, and they help us develop our imagination. They introduce us to real life heroes, imaginary pirates and princesses, and other characters we can relate to. These things are exactly what the Homeschool Review Crew found when we recently had the chance to review many books and collections from Carole P. Roman.
Carole P. Roman began her writing career on a dare. She created her first book, “Captain No Beard – An Imaginary Tale of a Pirate’s Life,” based on a game she played with her grandson. That first book lead to several series of books that have won many awards. Carole uses her teaching background, her love of exploration, and interest in the world around us to create her books. She writes both fiction and non-fiction. She has won several awards for her writing including the Kirkus Star of Exceptional Merit and Pinnacle Award among others.
Each member of the Crew was given the opportunity to select three books to read with their family.
These included choices from:
If You Were Me and Lived In… Cultural series
Cuba, Mexico, Kenya, Italy, India, Hungary, Greece, Germany, France, Egypt, China, Brazil, Australia, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Russia, Scotland South Korea, and Turkey
If You Were Me and Lived In… Historical series
Ancient China, the American West, Ancient Greece, the Ancient Mali Empire, Colonial America, Elizabethan England, Mars, the Mayan Empire, Middle Ages, Renaissance Italy, and Viking Europe
Captain No Beard (A Captain No Beard Story Story – The Series)
- Captain No Beard – An Imaginary Tale of a Pirate’s Life
- Pepper Parrot’s Problem with Patience
- Stuck in the Doldrums – A Lesson in Sharing
- Strangers on the High Seas
- The Treasure of Snake Island
- The Crew Goes Coconuts!
- Captain No Beard and the Aurora Borealis
- Fribbet the Frog and the Tadpoles
- A Flag for the Flying Dragon
- Being a Captain is Hard Work
Bedtime Story Books
- Can a Princess Be a Firefighter?
- I Want To Do Yoga Too
- One to Ten
Oh Susannah – Early Chapter Reader Books
- Oh Susannah: It’s in the Bag
- Oh Susannah: Things That Go Bump
- Oh Susannah: Color With Me
For more information, visit Carole P. Roman on the following social media platforms:
- Facebook: Carole P. Roman, Award Winning Author
- Twitter: @caroleproman
- Instagram: @caroleproman
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6A9PDx7NdBgYUN1giUOp0A
Thank you to Cassandra H. from A Glimpse of Normal for writing this introductory post.