For great education to occur, students must choose to study long, hard and effectively because they genuinely love it! It must be their passion and their delight. When students are deeply in love with studying, they learn in “the flow” and they absorb massive amounts of information, knowledge, understanding, connections and wisdom in a very short time.
A Thomas Jefferson Education want you the parent to experience the joy of helping each student discover, develop and polish his/her genius. This is the essence and very definition of great education.
A Thomas Jefferson Education encourages parents to apply the 7 keys of Teaching:
- Classics, Not Textbooks
- Mentors, Not Professors
- Inspire, Not Require
- Structure Time, Not Content
- Simplicity, Not Complexity
- Quality, Not Conformity
- You, Not Them
to help them educate their children to their full potential. To read more about the 7 Keys to Great Teaching, click here.
This Week In History; the Thomas Jefferson Education’s subscription program, delivers new lessons to your email inbox each week. Each week full of pictures, links and videos to help you educate your child to their full potential. The program costs $9.99 a month and delivers the following benefits to you the homeschooling parent:
- relieves fear, stress and burnout
- energizes your kid-school
- fills in the gaps
- cultivates cultural literacy
- facilitates state or provincial compliance
- correlates resources for co-ops, classrooms and family learning
- harnesses the power of technology in a classical leadership education
- harmonizes with Unschooling, Charlotte Mason, Montessori, Trivium/Quadrivium, IEW, eclectic, etc.
- delivers new ideas and areas of learning to you and your child
- instigates discussions and projects that expand wisdom and understanding
- connects the subject areas–from music to math, from geography to world religions, from hobbies to science projects, etc.
- motivates you and your students to greater excellence