As spring approaches in the Northern Hemisphere and Autumn here in the Southern I am reminded of the gift of love bestowed upon humanity 2,000 years ago when our Heavenly Father gave His Son so that we may live. I am gently reminded by the changing seasons that He is faithful and that my Lord has called me to pass on that which I know faithfully to my children. One of the easiest ways to do so is to create family traditions for significant events in the church calendar in order for my children to have ‘pegs’ to hang their faith upon. So today the Crew would like to share some of the resources they use to bless their families.
Yvie @ Gypsy Road shares
- Making Natural Food Colorings & Easter Egg Dye – Why use all those chemical-laden dyes, when it’s so simple to make your own?
- Using Dyed Eggs After Easter – Soon, Easter will be over, and you will have dyed eggs sitting around the house. Don’t just toss them out! Put those already-dyed eggs to good use for an art project.
Karen @ Tots and Me…Growing Up Together shares
- Focusing on Jesus Resurrection Day Round Up – A round up of ideas to help keep Resurrection Sunday focused on Jesus. There are crafts, hands-on activities, printables, and more.
- Focusing on the Cross With 15 Jesus-Centered Books for Resurrection Sunday – A round up of our favorite books that focus on Jesus and the cross.
- Easter Basket Phonics Hunt – Use your Easter basket and plastic Easter eggs for this fun sensory activity to work on sounds and letters.
- School Time: Our “Holy Week” Lessons Leading Up to Resurrection Sunday -Lessons we did to focus on the story of Jesus on the week leading up to Resurrection Sunday. Includes our palm branches, resurrection egg books and our Resurrection Garden
Chareen @ Every Bed of Roses shares
- 40 Days with Jesus and making a Jesus Tree Links to fabulous resources to make your own Jesus Tree
- Our Favourite Books for Easter our five favourite books for Easter
- Easter / Passover Resource List A round up of resources to help you make Easter real for your children.
- Easter Egg Rainbow Sponge Cake A step by step tutorial on baking and icing an Easter egg cake.
Amy @ Needed in the Home shares Our Favorite Children’s Easter Book – talks about the book, “Love One Another: the last days of Jesus”
Indasa @ Single Parents Homeschooling shares Easter Recipes for Children That Will Make Mama Proud – If you are looking for a way to involve the kids in Easter food prep – minus the headache or frustration, these fun Easter recipes for children are simple and tasty.
Christy @ The Simple Homemaker shares
- How to Make Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs – There’s nothing green and stinky about these perfect hard-boiled eggs–unless you hide them on Easter and can’t find them for two weeks. Pin this for sure!
- 36 Easter Recipes–Create a Quick Menu – Hammer out your Easter menu plan in five minutes with this round-up of all foods Easter.
- Christy’s Simple Egg-Dying Tip – Use this simple tip to break the annual tradition of your kids spending Easter weekend with dyed hands.
Christy @ The Travel Bags shares Gospel Food – Take a peek at how a full-time RVing family of ten used food to emphasize the message of the Gospel at Easter in their travel trailer.
Dawn @ Schoolin’ Swag shares Easter Resources and Ideas – A list of ideas and resources for Easter including what we do in our home.
Kirsten @ Doodle Mom shares Easter Egg Decorating with out the Mess
Annette @ A Net in Time shares
- Easter is Here – A poem about Easter
- Braided Easter Bread – A recipe for making Braided Easter Bread
Suzanne @ Next Door Mama shares Easter Season – We always do the Sense of the Resurrection for Easter. It’s 12 lessons that use one of the five senses to learn about Jesus and Holy Week. This post talks about some of the activities that we did and also gives some book options for books that point your kids to Jesus for Easter.
Kari Lynn @ Ranching with Kids shares Great Easter Books for Children – A summary of some amazing children’s books and activities for Easter.
Kristen @ A Mom’s Quest to Teach shares
- Holidays: Ukrainian Easter Egg Traditions – In this post, I share photographs, traditions, and stories surrounding the decorating of Ukrainian Easter Eggs (both pysanky and krashanky).
- Crafts: Paper Plate Chick – In this post, I share directions how to make a simple spring-themed chick paper plate craft with children.