One of the areas that I am very lacking in when it comes to our homeschooling is the area of ART. I have been wishing for something to come along that might help to motivate me to be a more productive art teacher. So, I’m excited about Spears Art Studio and the products that they are sending to the Crew to review.
- >Recognition of the basic elements of art: line, shape, space, color, form, texture
>Recognition of the basic principles of art: repitition/pattern, proportion, contrast/value, emphasis/focal point, balance/symmetry/assymetry, unity, variety, harmony, movement/force/rhythm
- >Academic and visual/eye-hand coordination skills
>Cognitive skills (higher order thinking skills, Bloom’s taxonomy)
>Art history connections
- >Contemporary art connections
- >Scripture integration
- >Analyzed for National Visual Arts Standards
In addition, the Crew members will have the option of reviewing the Teachers Manual for the K-8 art curriculum or the HIgh School Art Survey (written for student and teacher).
Sounds pretty great, right? I would encourage you to check out the Spears Art Studio website and be sure to check back here and read what the Crew has to say (they will sign the Mr Linky below).
- Penny says: When I think of all of the arts and crafts books I’ve purchased over the years, not one contains all of the components that Spears combines into this one product. And all of the work (short of buying the needed supplies) has been done for me.
- Tajuana says: I am glad to finally have an Art curriculum I can finally use in our studies.
- Cariestephens says: Chock full of teacher helps, set up for use during an academic year, easily used for different grade levels at one time, professionally produced, strongly supported by sound academic literature and research (Art is GOOD for the brain!!), and based entirely on God’s word, this is most definitely a program you should consider adding to your family’s curricula.
MR. LINKY IS FOR CREW MEMBERS ONLY – all others, please leave comments, as needed.