We will soon be announcing the application process for the 2016 Schoolhouse Review Crew year!
I want to take just a moment to give bloggers who might be interested in joining us some ideas of what we’ll be looking for:
- First of all you must be a homeschool mom or dad. You don’t have to homeschool all of your children, but you must homeschool at least one.
- You must be willing to use the review products with your students for about six weeks in your homeschool, before writing your review. Review periods have deadlines and requirements for the reviews. You must be willing to follow our requirements. No, that doesn’t mean you must write a positive review. And we don’t tell you what to write. But there are minimum requirements for length and certain elements that must be included with every review.
- You must have an active blog on which to publish your reviews, and a minimum number of followers.
- It will be required that you publish at least one non-promotional post per week while on the Crew, about anything you like- homeschooling, family or just your day to day life.
- Your blog should have followers — RSS feed or email subscribers and social media followers. I’m sorry, but we don’t accept brand new bloggers who just set up their blogs for the purposes of applying to our team. We need established bloggers who like to write and enjoy the social media aspect of blogging.
- Activity on at least one social media platform to help promote your blog is a requirement to serve on the Crew. Which one is up to you — Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Pinterest.
- You will need to commit to promoting your reviews in social media.
- You must be willing to check into our Review Management forum. This is where we communicate with our team. We do everything possible to make things easy for you, outside of writing the actual review, but you need to be willing to participate by checking in daily with the exception of weekends, and complete required forms when reviews become available.
- You will also be required to post your reviews in prescribed windows of time, and link them up here on our blog.
- Sample reviews are helpful. If you’ve never written a review on your blog, go ahead and write one for curriculum you are currently using in your homeschool. This will help us see how you approach writing reviews. You will be required to link to a review in the application. You may also be asked to write a review with instructions we will provide to you.
- If you can meet these requirements and would like the opportunity to join the Schoolhouse Review Crew 2016, watch the blog next week. You can subscribe here so you don’t miss the announcement. We will announce when we are accepting applications here first!
Here’s what a few of our members have to say about being on the Crew:
It is both homeschooling and blogging support in one, from so many amazing ladies! I love how it has changed my homeschooling and how it’s enabled me to help others in their homeschooling journey as well!!
Jennifer Altman of Chestnut Grove Academy
The Crew has been an enormous blessing to me in so many ways. It is the growth of my blog and further development of my writing skills, it is the opportunity to receive and use amazing materials and most importantly, it is support, prayers and encouragement from a group of people I am privileged to call my friends.
Lisa Boyle of Home to 4 Kids
Being on the Crew has encouraged me to find my own voice when blogging, and continually improve upon it. The friendships and support of other Crew members has been priceless. Getting to try out all the various products has enriched our daughter’s home education, and blessed us beyond measure when we’ve finally found things that “click.”
Carol Emmert of Home Sweet Life
The Crew is an amazing group of folks who are extremely diverse in background, family, and geography. Yet, in spite of this, it is a team that pulls together; supports one another through the good, the bad, and the ugly of life; and encourages each other and brightens days. The products are unparalleled in scope and quality and that alone blesses our family. But, this unique group of people are a support that has changed my life. Anyone lucky enough to be a part of the Crew will be changed and challenged and it will be a wonderful experience. I am so lucky!
Lori Hooten of At Home Where Life Happens
This is my first year on the crew and I am amazed at all the wonderful products we have been introduced too. I would never have known about many of these great products without the crew. I have enjoyed the encouragement from other members in my homeschooling and blogging, The Crew brings my homeschooling and blogging worlds together.
Monique Gilkison of Mountain of Grace Homeschool
Numerous blessings being a part of the CREW:
-amazing curriculum that I would have never tried but have enriched our academic learning
-a great group of people who share a common goal – the education of our children
-growth of my blog, Homeschool Happenings
-being able to share with the world how HOMESCHOOLING does work
-it has been influential for several of my friends on the fence between public education and homeschooling
-being a part of the CREW has given me confidence in my writing
-financially, the review curriculum has been a blessing
-I have become more open minded to different curriculums that have taken me out of my box
Jennifer Ladewig of Homeschool Happenings
Watch the blog next week when we announce that we are taking applications!