Exciting news! We have booked so many spots for the 2015 year that we are expanding our 2015 team to fill them! If you missed the application the first time, now is your second chance.
We are opening it again for a short period of time. If you were on the fence, now is the time to apply!
Are you a homeschool blogger?
Are you a curriculum junkie?
Do you enjoy writing reviews?
Do you long to be a part of a network of supportive homeschool bloggers?
Then YOU might be perfect for the Crew!
The Schoolhouse Review Crew is taking applications NOW!
Some requirements for being a part of the Crew include the following:
- First of all you must be a homeschool mom or dad. You don’t have to homeschool all of your children, but you must homeschool at least one.
- You must be willing to use the review products with your students for about six weeks in your homeschool, before writing your review. Review periods have deadlines and requirements for the reviews. You must be willing to follow our requirements. No, that doesn’t mean you must write a positive review. And we don’t tell you what to write. But there are minimum requirements for length and certain elements that must be included with every review.
- You must have an active blog on which to publish your reviews, and a minimum number of followers. By active blog, I mean that you should be blogging regularly, at least weekly, about your family and homeschool. In fact, it will be required that you publish at least one non-promotional post per week while on the Crew. Your blog should have followers — RSS feed or email subscribers and social media followers. I’m sorry, but we don’t accept brand new bloggers who just set up their blogs for the purposes of applying to our team. We need established bloggers who like to write and enjoy the social media aspect of blogging.
- Are you using social media to promote your blog? Activity on at least one social media platform is a requirement to serve on the Crew. Which one is up to you — Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Pinterest. You will need to commit to promoting your reviews in social media.
- You must be willing to check into our Review Management forum. This is where we communicate with our team. We do everything possible to make things easy for you, outside of writing the actual review, but you need to be willing to participate by checking in nearly daily and completing required forms when reviews become available. You will also be required to post your reviews in prescribed windows of time, and link them up here on our blog.
- Sample reviews are helpful. If you’ve never written a review on your blog, go ahead and write one for curriculum you are currently using in your homeschool. This will help us see how you approach writing reviews. You will be required to link to a review in the application. You may also be asked to write a review with instructions we will provide to you.
Why should you want to be a part?
Besides the obvious benefit of getting to try so many awesome products with your kids? Our Crew of over 200 review bloggers has been serving the homeschool community for more than 6 years. As a respected review team, we take this job very seriously and will insist you do as well. The leadership provides an incredible amount of assistance to help you be the best blogger, homeschool mom or dad, and of course, reviewer you can be. We provide a mentoring program for new members, a social media networking group, many blog and social media tutorials, and lots of incredible opportunities for our team, including blog carnivals, the opportunity to guest post on our blog, and the blessing of some incredible friendships.
What’s it REALLY like?
Read what several Crew member moms have to say about life on the Crew!
How can you apply?
After making sure you meet all of the requirements, if you believe you would to an asset to our Crew and wish to join us, please fill out our application. We will be in touch soon!
Click here to fill out the
2015 Schoolhouse Review Crew Application!
Come join The Old Schoolhouse family!
2 thoughts on “2nd Chance Opportunity to Apply for the Crew!”
Are you guys still taking applications? Oh, I hope I did not miss this. 🙂