Created by Dr. Marion Blank, world renowned reading expert and Director of the Light on Learning Program at Columbia University, Reading Kingdom is an online program designed to teach children ages 4-10 how to read and write to a third grade level. This interactive and easy-to-use program offers customized online reading instruction for each child. Because it is so fun, children feel as if they are playing a game and are eager to practice.
Highlights of the Reading Kingdom program include:
- Easy to use… after a few lessons, children can often use entirely on their own.
- Customized to match each child’s skill level
- Major emphasis is placed on accurate spelling, punctuation, and writing
- No boring, difficult rule memorization! The system teaches rules implicitly.
- Designed to minimize error
- When error occurs, specific techniques are offered to overcome the problem
- Regularly checks child’s progress
- Children progress quickly with sessions only 15-30 minutes in length
- A parent/teacher report is always available when you log into the program
A big thank you to Angela Wells of The Wellspring of Life for writing this introductory post.