Are you a homeschool blogger?
Are you a curriculum junkie?
Do you enjoy writing reviews?
Then YOU might be perfect for the Crew!
The Schoolhouse Review Crew is thrilled to announce we will be taking applications for the 2014 review year from October 24 – November 8!
Some requirements for being a part of the Crew include the following:
- First of all you must be a homeschool mom or dad. You don’t have to homeschool all of your children, but you must homeschool at least one.
- You must be willing to use the review products for about six weeks in your homeschool, before writing your review. Review periods have deadlines and requirements for the reviews. You must be willing to follow our requirements. No, that doesn’t mean you must write a positive review. But it does mean that there are certain elements that are required. And the deadlines are firm. If you are often late for deadlines, the Crew is probably not for you.
- You must have a blog on which to publish your reviews, and be sure you have an active blog with a following. By active blog, I mean that you should be blogging regularly, at least weekly, about your family and homeschool (in addition to your reviews). Your blog should have followers — RSS feed or email subscribers, as well as in social media. I’m sorry, but we don’t accept brand new bloggers who just set up their blogs for the purposes of applying to our team.
- Are you using social media to promote your blog? Activity on at least one social media platform is a requirement to serve on the Crew. Which one is up to you — Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google Plus are our preferences. You will need to be willing to promote your reviews there and post a widget or plug-in publicly on your blog, indicating how many followers you have in social media.
- You must be willing to check into our Review Management forum. This is where we communicate with our team. We do everything possible to make things easy for you, outside of writing the actual review, but you need to be willing to participate by checking in Monday through Friday.
- Sample reviews are helpful. If you’ve never written a review on your blog, go ahead and write one for curriculum you are currently using in your homeschool. This will help us see how you approach writing reviews.
Why should you want to be a part?
Besides the obvious benefit of getting to try so many awesome products with your kids? Our Crew of over 220 review bloggers has been serving the homeschool community for more than 5 years. As a respected review team, we take this job very seriously and will insist you do as well. The leadership provides an incredible amount of assistance to help you be the best blogger, homeschool mom or dad, and of course, reviewer you can be. We provide a mentoring program for new members, a social media networking group, many blog and social media tutorials, and lots of incredible opportunities for our team, including blog carnivals, the opportunity to guest post on our blog, and the blessing of some incredible friendships.
What’s it REALLY like?
How can you apply?
After making sure you meet all of the requirements, if you believe you would to an asset to our Crew and wish to join us, please fill out our application. We will be in touch soon!
Come join The Old Schoolhouse family!