Does your child need help mastering his or her math facts?
Math Rider is a computer math facts game that teaches mastery of all 4 math operations with numbers 1-12 and is designed for children ages 6-12. It was designed by a software architect for his own kids as a way to master math facts in a way that was entertaining, but that still focused on intensive math practice with a minimum of distractions.
To play, the child begins a “quest.” A short story scenario is given, then the child rides his or her horse, “Shadow,” across deserts, mountains, and so on. Math problems appear at the bottom of the screen. As the problem is answered, the horse jumps over an obstacle. If the problem is missed, the horse stops while the game gives the correct answer. The problems and speed are adjusted to the child’s abilities, with problems the child has trouble with generated more frequently.
Some of the advantages of Math Rider are:
- You will know when your child has completely mastered an operation. And more importantly, your child will know it, too!
- This is the fastest way to mastery of all four math operations. The artificial intelligence rehearses what is needed most, at a rate that is tailored to each player.
- The game recognizes and rewards math improvement, not just perfection. This builds confidence and propels children naturally towards complete mastery.
- Noble quests exemplify positive values such as family, caring, honesty and kindness.Crew members received a free download of Math Rider to try it out with their children. Click on the linky to read about their experiences.
- Math Rider retails for $49.95 and is currently on sale for $37. You can even try it out for free for 7 days to see if it is right for you.
Powered by Linky Tools
To view the list of reviews, or for Crew Members to enter your links, please Click here.
Thanks to Debbie at Debbie’s Homeschool Corner for writing this post.