The Homeschool Review Crew has been reviewing the download version of the lapbooks and activity books from A Journey Through Learning Lapbooks that include:
Classical Conversations Cycle 3 JUNIOR Activity Book Grades K-2 and Classical Conversations Cycle 3 Activity Book Grades 3-6. These books correspond with Classical Conversations curriculum.
Apologia Elementary titles found on the Apologia Curriculum page. Most are intended for Grades 2-7. Each corresponds with Apologia curriculum as listed. Included on their Apologia Curriculum is:
- Apologia Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day Lapbook
- Apologia Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day Lapbook
- Apologia Land Animals of the Sixth Day Lapbook
- Apologia Exploring Creation with Botany Lapbook
- Apologia Exploring Creation with Astronomy (1st Edition) Lapbook
- Apologia Exploring Creation with Astronomy (2nd Edition) Lapbook
- Apologia Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology Lapbook
And two stand-alone lapbooks that come with a study guide included: An Overview of the 20th Century Grades 2-7 and The Greatest Inventors Grades 2-8.Lapbooks are a fun hands-on way for students to expand their learning on a topic. The booklets are easy to assemble using file folders and other materials you probably already have in your schooling items around the house such as cardstock, glue, scissors, crayons stapler, etc. Each portion of the lapbooks include miniature booklets, display notes sections, and other interactive components that the student assembles and attaches to the lapbook file folders. Once all of the pieces are completed and attached to the file folder lapbook, the project is complete.
What makes A Journey Through Learning lapbooks stand out from other lapbook designs is in the way they are designed. Each lapbook or activity book is set out in the actual order you will be using it in. There is no shuffling from section to section. The lapbooks also include full-color illustrations or a choice for a coloring book style option if you have a child who would rather color their own.
A Journey Through Learning lapbooks include extras like:
- Instructions and layout diagrams
- A Reading Material List to take along to the library to find books for further study
- Enrichment Pages for in-depth learning
- A fill-in the blank Book List
- Book Report Page
- Notetaking Pages
- Outline Page
- Narrative for younger and one for older kids
Order pre-printed or download the lapbook or activity guide of your choice from A Journey Through Learning website, print, and get ready for some amazing hands-on learning as you create a booklet out of file folders that is easy to store and pull out for future reference for review and grading resource proof.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS – Find A Journey Through Learning online @:
Twiiter: https://twitter.com/AJTL_Lapbooks @AJTL_lapbooks
A big thank you to Tere Scott of Puddle Jumping for writing this introductory post.