Since the advent of Pinterest it’s so easy to find crafts, projects and science experiments and it’s equally as easy to get overwhelmed. I’ve even found that the projects that look easy don’t always work out and it is a frustrating waste of my time, energy and resources. From one homeschool Mom to another today we would like to share some ideas for your craft, hands on and experiment time in your homeschool. So grab a few quite moments to see what our Crew have on offer from their homeschool rooms to yours.
Chareen @ Every Bed of Roses shares
- Virtual Fridge Art Link UP – Each week I share hands on projects we have done and feature bloggers who share DIY art projects.
- Alfalfa Sprout Head Tutorial – Step by step tutorial on how to make an Alfalfa Sprout Head
- Compost in a Bottle Science Experiment – Step by step tutorial on composting in a bottle.
- Angry Bird Cake Tutorial – Step by step instructions to make your own Angry Bird Cake
Kym @ Homeschool Coffee Break shares Art Project Round-Up – I’ve pulled together a few of our favorite art project ideas from the Virtual Refrigerator Art Link-up. These projects are all fun and relatively easy.
Dawn @ Schoolin’ Swag shares How I was Able to Say Yes to Crafts and My Sanity – Tips and tricks for making crafting (and clean up) easier for mom, thus encouraging you to say yes more often!
Linda @ Apron Strings & other things shares
- DIY Fun and Funky Earrings – Your girls (or you!) can create a fashion statement in a snap with earrings you make in minutes!
- Faux Tie Dye T-Shirt Scarf – Use sharpie markers to create a tie-dye effect, giving old t-shirts a new life!
Annette @ A Net in Time shares
- Building a Robotic Hand – Ever since we build a hand out of paper and yarn my lad has been searching for something, almost ANYTHING that would work better. So imagine our delight when Tinker crates arrived and the topic was “Robotic Hand!” .
- Pastels, Nova Scotia and John Constable – Learning about Nova Scotia, John Constable, and working with pastels
- Spin Art with Tinker Crates – My son made a simple spinning machine using the motor and disc, and then was able to create some different art effects.
- History and Fun of Wooden Spoon Dolls – Making wooden spoons dolls and learning the history behind them.
Jennifer @ Organized Homeschooler shares
- How to Grow a Germ Farm – I thought my house was clean . . . until we decided to grow a germ farm! Find out how to culture various surfaces around your home to see if you can grow germs.
- How to Make an Animal Cell Cake – Help your kids memorize all of animal cell organelles by decorating a delicious cake.
- An Easy Beginning Sewing Project – Sewing is a great life skill to learn. This rice heat/ice pack is a fantastic beginner’s project.
- Creating Mondrian Inspired Artwork – This easy painting project is a great way to study the famous artist, Piet Mondrian.
Kristen @ A Mom’s Quest to Teach shares
- Crafts: Spring Flowers – A Mom’s Quest to Teach shares two different ways to use recycled tissue paper to create beautiful flowers with your young children.
- Crafts: F is for Flags – Whether studying about the letters of the alphabet or a nation’s history, creating a flag from the letter F can be a fun project to do with toddlers and preschoolers.
- Crafts: Butterfly Metamorphosis – In this post, A Mom’s Quest to Teach shares a craft that can teach your own children about the process of metamorphosis in butterflies. There are many ways you can adapt this to the craft materials you have in your home.
Meredith @ Powerline Productions – Being World Changers/Raising World Changers shares
- Teach Teens about Marriage with Circuit Planning Game – A game/project to introduce teens to marriage decision making
- Turn Barbie into an Egyptian Mummy – Ancient Egypt Lab turning Barbie and Ken into Mummies.
- Make Your Own Sundial – How we made a simple sundial about of a piece of cardboard and tube.
- Plane Ride at Geography Co-op – We set up a plane, gate, and passport application station to kick off our first day of Homeschool Co-op
Karen @ Tots and Me…Growing Up Together shares
- Patriotic Ideas Round Up – A round up of patriotic crafts, muffin tins, and activities
- Craft Highlight: Fingerprint American Flag – A simple American flag craft
- Observing Fresh Water and Salt Water – We were exploring the difference between salt water and fresh water in a few different experiments
- Rock Cycle Fun – We used crayons to explore sedimentary rocks and igneous rocks. Includes links to some fun rock cycle snacks we’ve done in the past.
YOU’RE INVITED TO JOIN
OUR WEEKLY HOMESCHOOL LINK UP
Calling all Homeschool bloggers come and link up your latest posts on anything homeschool. Please grab our image and share the news of our new link up! Every Friday we will be hosting a blog linky for you to share your Homeschool Related posts. (menu planning, encouragement, how to, showcase your children’s work, homeschool topics, home management, cooking, homeschool diary etc)
A FEW GUIDELINES:
- Please link the URL to your specific blog post, not your main blog URL. For example:
- Incorrect: http://www.schoolhousereviewcrew.com
- Correct: http://www.schoolhousereviewcrew.com/favorite-free-resources-for-homeschoolers-weekly-homeschool-link-up/
- Please link back to us in your post so that others can find our linky and discover new homeschool blogs to follow.
- Visit a couple of the posts before your link, leave some bloggy comment love we all love to hear from you.
- We welcome both NEW and old content that is non-sponsored and homeschool relevant.