We will soon be announcing the application process for the 2014 Schoolhouse Review Crew year!
I wanted to take just a moment to give those bloggers who might be interested in joining us a few tips:
- First of all you must be a homeschool mom or dad. You don’t have to homeschool all of your children, but you must homeschool at least one.
- You must be willing to use the review products for about six weeks in your homeschool, before writing your review. Review periods have deadlines and requirements for the reviews. You must be willing to follow our requirements. No, that doesn’t mean you must write a positive review.
- You must have a blog on which to publish your reviews, and be sure you have an active blog with a following. By active blog, I mean that you should be blogging regularly, at least weekly, about your family and homeschool. Your blog should have followers — RSS feed, email subscribers and/or in social media. I’m sorry, but we don’t accept brand new bloggers who just set up their blogs for the purposes of applying to our team.
- Are you using social media to promote your blog? Activity on at least one social media platform is a requirement to serve on the Crew. Which one is up to you — Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google Plus is our preference. You will need to be willing to promote your reviews there.
- You must be willing to check into our Review Management forum. This is where we communicate with our team. We do everything possible to make things easy for you, outside of writing the actual review, but you need to be willing to participate by checking in nearly daily.
- Sample reviews are helpful. If you’ve never written a review on your blog, go ahead and write one for curriculum you are currently using in your homeschool. This will help us see how you approach writing reviews.
If you can meet these requirements and would like the opportunity to join the Schoolhouse Review Crew 2014, watch the blog over the next couple of weeks. We will announce when we are accepting applications here first!